Welcome to the first update for the Mega Baseball Board!
I'll use this update to inform on improvements and, more importantly, surface some key baseball prospect news.
Thanks for becoming a member. The support has already enabled the tracking and automation to grow from 300 prospects to all 1500+ players on the board (full setup is in progress!)
- If you did NOT get the email with the board's password, please email me at email@example.com -- the service that sends that email is having issues and I plan to set up a new system soon.
- The free agents list was updated.
- If you see a tweet on a player's card about Jhonkensy Noel, ignore this -- I'll delete it soon, this is simply my automation test tweet.
- FYI, the ADP ranks come from personal research of huge 30 team dynasty auctions collected in the first quarter of the year.
As you probably read on trackmagical.com, Twitter is an incredible resource filled with the world’s knowledge. The problem is that knowledge is buried and lost. My goal is to solve that problem topic by topic, and baseball is my passion... so of course, tracking baseball players was the first topic to use as a proof of concept.
The longer the automation runs, the richer the information becomes for each player. You'll notice the prospects with images on the card are the ones with about 9 months of data already collected. My main goal right now is sustainability because the automation processing isn't cheap, so please spread the word (more on a pretty sweet incentive for referrals at the bottom).
On top of the automation, I would like to add links to each player card to make it easy to click through to resources for each player across the web. That said, PLEASE send me your ideas and feedback about what you would like to add or change about the board!
Mega Board Tips
I've been using this board longer than anyone for my Ottoneu and Fantrax dynasty leagues, so I have a few ideas on how to best leverage the player data.
- Each player card is a unique link, so you can bookmark players you want to specifically track or create a link list to quickly reference the players you need to keep a close eye on.
- You can clone the board to create your own board, which means you can manipulate the cards, create new lists, etc. -- but be warned, the automation will not work on a clone board. I recommend cloning the board before an important draft or auction.
- The board is best viewed on a big screen 😁
Trending MLB Players
Based on tweet volume from experts, here are the trending players in the last 30 days... and no surprise, most eyes on the MLB debuts (or soon to debut):
- KC: Bobby Witt Jr.
- SEA: Julio Rodriguez
- CLE: Steven Kwan
- DET: Riley Greene (broken foot, hasn't debuted)
- DET: Spencer Torkelson
- ATL: Will Smith (truth here is a lot of experts were also talking about the other Will Smith and the infamous slap at the Oscars) 🤣
- PIT: Oneil Cruz (technically debuted last season but is back in minors)
- SD: CJ Abrams
- CIN: Hunter Greene
- PHI: Bryson Stott
Trending MiLB Players
These guys are turning heads and getting tweets from experts:
- SEA: George Kirby 👀
- MIA: Kahlil Watson 👀
- NYM: Francisco Alvarez
- NYY: Anthony Volpe
- TOR: Gabriel Moreno
- BAL: Grayson Rodriguez
- KC: Nick Pratto
- LAD: Bobby Miller
- KC: Asa Lacy
- ARI: Alek Thomas
Coby Mayo (ADP 391) has lurked in the shadows of some great Orioles prospects. He's a 3B with power. He's on a shortlist of Low-A players who last season posted a 75%+ contact rate and a .200+ ISO. If you like guys like Anthony Volpe and Jhonkensy Noel, then you should like Mayo too.
You probably know about Brennan Davis (ADP 138) and teenage phenom Cristian Hernandez (ADP 500) in the Cubs system, but the top prospect in this organization might soon prove to be Reginald Preciado (ADP 645). Reginald started in the Padres system and came over in the Yu Darvish trade.
Like Preciado last year, Hendry Mendez (ADP beyond 750) reached Low A at age 18 this season for the Brewers. He hit .344/.431/.541 in 72 PA between the DSL and the ACL. He wasn't a hyped international signing but his stock is starting to take off with great plate skills.
Jesse Roche (@jaroche6) writes with the Baseball Prospectus and co-hosts the TINO Podcast. I'm a fan of Jesse's Top-500 Dynasty Rankings and his use of emojis in his #DailyTopProspects tweets. Give him a follow!
Am I Missing a Player on the Board?
Forward this email to any friend that you think would love the Mega Board and they can use the coupon code "jrod" at checkout to get $5 off the $20 annual membership.
When the board hits 180 subscribers (roughly what I need to sustain the processing costs) I'll randomly give away a CJ Abrams 2020 Bowman Chrome autographed baseball card to one lucky member, with odds stacked to reward the earliest members! (with momentum, I'll do more giveaways like this).